About The Position
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
CIVIC is seeking highly qualified applicants to work with its Europe team. Under the direct supervision of the Europe Director, and in close collaboration with CIVIC Europe-based teams, and CIVIC’s teams worldwide, the Policy and Advocacy intern will:
- Support representation and advocacy efforts of CIVIC in Europe: maintenance of a contact database, preparation of meeting requests, and meeting minutes, support to the preparation of talking points and other elements of briefing; support to CIVIC’s programs worldwide in their engagement with European stakeholders;
- Support the organization of events including concept, invitations, logistics and administration related to the venue, participants, and panelists; draft specific briefing documents for participants and panelists; draft conference proceedings for internal and external dissemination;
- Under the supervision of CVIC’s Europe Director, act as a “first line” focal point for external representation in Geneva with critical UN, NGO, and member states’ stakeholders; create and maintain a calendar of events; attend events upon delegation on the Europe director, write minutes, and share them internally within CIVIC; Maintain and expand CIVIC’s contact network in Geneva, in collaboration with CIVIC’s program team worldwide;
- Monitor and report on European stakeholders’ positions regarding conflicts, countries of interest and thematic issues, including developments at the EU, NATO, European Governments (with a priority on France, the UK, and Germany), as well as Ukraine and Eastern Europe;
- Copy-edit and review documents such as supporter communications, press releases, blog posts, op-eds, letters of inquiry; act as a primary focal point with CIVIC’s communications department for social media, and web publications ;
- Conducting in-depth desk research, literature reviews , and drafting relevant pieces for the purpose of preparing briefing papers, background documents, speeches, talking points, and other organizational advocacy and policy material, with a focus on priority thematic issues for CIVIC in Europe such as civilian casualty tracking, security force assistance, technological developments in the conduct of hostilities, and PMSCs;
- Providing logistical and administrative support to the Europe Director in Geneva, as well as CIVIC’s Europe team (consultants and staff) based out different location;
- Assist the Europe director and the Europe Program Manager in program management and grant administration tasks including proposal writing, budget follow-up, and reporting; in charge of producing the Europe program’s monthly report;
- Flexibility to undertake any additional task in support to CIVIC’s policy and advocacy priorities in Europe, including literature reviews, drafting memos, producing short analysis or contextual notes upon request;
- Functioning as a self-sustaining member of the Europe Program team.
Interns will be expected to maintain a level of confidentiality and discretion when working with sensitive information.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV and cover letter in PDF format named as SURNAME_Name_CV-CL to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Policy and Advocacy intern - CIVIC ” in the subject line.
The application deadline is January 24th, 2020.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Kostenlos anmelden