100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Functional and Molecular Imaging Laboratory, jointly affiliated with the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich, seeks for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to develop new groundbreaking methods for noninvasive monitoring of ultrasound-based treatments of neurodegenerative diseases.
Our Lab is devoted to development of novel structural, functional, metabolic and molecular imaging systems and methods. State-of-the-art infrastructure for in vivo imaging includes advanced multi-spectral optoacoustic tomography, high-field magnetic resonance scanners, fluorescence microscopy, ultrafast ultrasound, as well as hybrid imaging platforms not available elsewhere. The preclinical phase of the project will mainly focus on studies in mouse models, with clinical translation of the methodology expected at a later stage.
- Development of hardware and software for noninvasive monitoring of brain therapies using optoacoustic and multimodal imaging methods
- Method validation in preclinical models
- Data processing and analysis
- Coordination with an industrial partner leading the development of therapeutic devices
- PhD degree in physics, biomedical or electrical engineering, neuroscience or related fields
- Prior expertise in imaging methods (experience with in vivo imaging is a plus)
- Excellent scientific publication record
- Good algorithmic and programming skills
- Strong interest in an academic career
- Excellent command of English, self-motivation, goal-oriented and positive attitude
We value diversity
- 2 years postdoctoral position, extendable based on performance and funding situation
- Working in a world top research institution with international, multi-disciplinary, highly innovative, well-equipped and scientifically stimulating environment
- Excellent training, career development and exchange opportunities
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.
Curious? So are we.
About ETH Zürich
We look forward to receiving your application including:
- letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae
- list of publications via the online job portal of ETH Zurich (see the link below)
Questions regarding the position should be directed to Dr. Xose Luis Dean-Ben at or Prof. Daniel Razansky at firstname.lastname@example.org (no direct applications via email).
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in
science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education,
cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge
into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our
university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an
environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe,
yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to
develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Technik / Elektronik
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?