Studierende finden an der ETH Zürich ein Umfeld, das eigenständiges Denken fördert, Forschende ein Klima, das zu Spitzenleistungen inspiriert.
is a research group in the Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (D-ITET) at ETH Zürich led by .
We are interested in hot and upcoming research topics in computer networks, with a special focus on network management. Our overarching goal is to make current and future computer networks (especially the Internet) easier to design, understand and operate.
We are currently active in multiple areas including, but not limited to: Internet routing, network programmability, network verification, network monitoring, network sustainability, and network security. Most of our projects are inherently multidisciplinary and tend to involve recent advances in programming languages, algorithmics, and machine learning.
In our group, we tend to combine theory with practice. Some of our members focus more on algorithms and proofs, while others focus more on network systems design and building.
As a new member, you are supposed to contribute to our research activities and gradually build your own independent research profile according to your interests. You are expected to work towards a doctoral degree and participate in our teaching activities.
We are looking for a new member with a strong networking and/or systems background and a Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field. Ideally, we are looking for someone with previous experiences, knowledge and/or strong interests about:
- Network management/operations
- Distributed systems
- Routing protocols
- Modern networking stacks
- Knowledge in programming, formal methods, security, or hardware design is a plus
Besides, you should also be able to think critically, have strong English communication skills (oral and written), and enjoy collaboration. Our group aims to increase the number of women in scientific positions, as such, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
ETH Zurich is a family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions. You can look forward to an exciting working environment, cultural diversity, and attractive offers and benefits.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
The goal of your letter of motivation should be to help us gauge your interest and motivation in pursuing research in computer networks. For instance, you may think to write about:
- An exciting master thesis or term project you have done which relates to computer networks in some way? (In this case, please attach a PDF of it to your application.)
- A fresh idea for research you would be interested to work on? (Or maybe you know some open problems in our area?)
- How to improve or build upon one of our previous results?
- Previous experiences in managing complex network environments/infrastructures?
- Some awesome lectures you have attended in our area in which you have achieved excellent grades?
- Anything else that you think might impress or be relevant?
More information about our research group and our publications can be found on .
Bitte sage uns, wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!