100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The ETH AI Center promotes trustworthy, accessible, and inclusive AI systems. For this goal, we bring together interdisciplinary research teams of AI foundations, applications, and implications across all departments and look at AI from many different angles like mathematical principles, medicine, architecture, robotics, and social sciences / future of work. We enable research of high quality, industry innovation, and AI entrepreneurship.
About AI Center fellowships
The ETH AI Center faculty comprises more than 110 professorships representing all sixteen departments of ETH Zurich and five external research groups (from University of Zurich and University of St.Gallen). The ETH AI Center Fellowship program is one of Europe’s premier PhD programs focused on advancing interdisciplinary AI research. This can be inside AI foundations or between AI foundations and application areas. Fellows work with two who are from different fields and carry equal weights in the supervision.
Within the doctoral fellowship program, you will conduct research that impacts the future of AI. You will be working on your project (that you will propose) and continuously have the opportunity to exchange with other teams and professorships, and participate at faculty retreats, symposia, summits, etc. Fellows have their primary office at the ETH AI Center and enjoy excellent employment conditions. The center offers plenty of opportunities to strengthen your career path through an optional entrepreneurial or industry track that provides you with valuable hands-on experience to turn your research into practical impact. Your profile
- You either already hold a PhD or are less than 12 months before completion of the PhD thesis
- You have a background in relevant AI fields or in one of the following: computer science, machine learning, statistics, physics, engineering, or applied mathematics.
- Your level of English allows you to discuss your topics with your colleagues and report your findings in writing.
- You look forward to working with an interdisciplinary team that longs to find solutions together.
Curious? So are we.
We offer 5 - 8 post-doctoral positions and the occupation normally runs for two years. Starting date is flexible but typically in September 2024. A post-doc is experienced by many as a great stepping stone into R&D lab leadership in industry, a start-up or a faculty position. It is a valuable time to sharpen your profile.
- Transparent salary: CHF 91'280 in first year, CHF 95'860 in second year. The advancement from first to second year is automatic.
- Co-mentorship by two of different fields
- Generous support is provided for training and continuing education activities and language courses
- 5 weeks vacation/year
- ETH Zurich offers subsidies for childcare
- Eight dedicated daycare centers for kids close to the campus
- Support to find a suitable childcare service (kita, nanny…)
- 4 months paid maternity leave/10 days paid paternity leave
- Up to 5 days paid leave for care of sick in own household
- Up to 5 days paid leave for educators for school matters
- Medical clarifications with children < 16 years
Before applying, please read carefully our guidelines: and visit our . The deadline for applications is November 22, 2023. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
- Technik / Elektronik
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?