100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The is looking for a postdoc in the area of input recognition.
Candidates should have an established full-paper publication record at in Human-Computer Interaction and/or Ubiquitous Computing.
Our research will be focused on input recognition on desktop, mobile, and wearable devices.
We will investigate novel interaction techniques for these recognizers and study users while interacting using the developed interfaces.
We will also build interactive applications that leverage our novel techniques, such as in Ubiquitous Computing, Mobile Interaction, or AR/VR .
- Development: Design and implement new recognition methods for input detection.
- Prototyping: Create prototypes to demonstrate and test new interaction concepts
- Data Collection & Analysis: Collaborate with other members to gather and process data, ensuring quality and relevance.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest advancements in HCI and Ubicomp.
Besides, the role of a postdoc includes
- Teaching: contribute to our teaching offerings
(e.g., course "Human Computer Interaction" or HCI seminars)
- Student mentoring: co-supervise students during bachelor's and master's theses
- established full paper publication record in the core communities of Human-Computer Interaction and/or Ubicomp
- strong desire to work on research for dissemination at ACM CHI, UIST, IMWUT
- demonstrated experience in input detection (e.g., interaction techniques, sensors & signal processing, controllers)
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- positive attitude toward collaborative work and learning of novel technologies
- past contributions to teaching at a university
(e.g., as teaching assistant, co-lecturer, seminar organizer)
- written and spoken fluency in English
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or related
The PhD graduation should be no longer than 30 months ago.
We value diversity
- We offer an exciting environment and to study in and work with
- Beyond the lab, ETH Zürich has several internationally recognized research groups dedicated to interactive systems, Human-Computer Interaction, and Ubiquitous Computing
- We often collaborate with other groups, departments, and companies in these areas in Switzerland and abroad
In line with , ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.
Curious? So are we.
About ETH Zürich
Please submit your complete application through the online application portal:
- a short statement of purpose including future goals (≤ 1 page)
- curriculum vitae (PDF) including your list of peer-reviewed full paper publications
(workshop papers, posters, demos are separate)
- university transcript of records (bachelor's and master's)
- contact details of 1–2 academic referees
- a link to your GitHub profile and/or your portfolio/website
Note: We exclusively accept applications submitted through the application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. The position is still available and the listing will be deactivated when the position has been filled.
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible with a start date in 2023 or early 2024.
In the case of further questions, please email email@example.com.
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in
science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education,
cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge
into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our
university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an
environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe,
yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to
develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Technik / Elektronik
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?