The PhD research will be part of a pioneering imaging project towards holistic tissue analyses sponsored by the ETH Board. The project is truly interdisciplinary and will be carried out in close collaboration involving imaging scientists, bioinformatics and machine learning experts, clinical pathologists from other ETH Domain Institutes and University hospitals. The outcome of the project will be genuinely new 3D non-invasive tumor tissue analysis tools (soft- and hardware) for the clinical use in pathology and precision medicine.
- Further development of a clinically adoptable noninvasive, 3D histopathology based on X-ray phase contrast micro CT for whole biopsy blocks and tissue micro arrays
- Establishment of a unique 3D histology data base for cohorts of different thyroid carcinoma types
- Image and feature analysis in collaboration with the clinical partners
- Data management, data treatment and contribution to data science and ML methods and analysis
If you would like to make a major impact on personalized medicine and revolutionize digital pathology, you are highly motivated, communicative and passionate working in an interdisciplinary field and fulfill the following criteria:
- Completed Master`s degree in biomedical engineering, physics or similar
- Have some experience with X-ray imaging methods
- Have preferably some additional experience in the biomedical domain and/or in image processing and modern data science methods (ML)
- Have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree
- Fluent in English, (German is beneficial)
then, this position might be for you.
Project duration is 3 years. The candidate will perform his/her research at Empa in Dübendorf. Desired starting date is as soon as reasonably possible or upon mutual agreement.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?