The PhD candidate is willing to pursue exploratory research on solid-state batteries with a particular focus on the thin-film architecture. This includes investigation of new conversion-type cathode materials, functional coatings by atomic layer deposition (ALD), in-depth characterization of bulk and interfaces, as well as fabrication & characterization of novel battery device architectures, such as anode-free and multi-junction (bipolar) batteries.
- MSc in Material science, Physics, Chemistry, Electrical engineering or similar
- Willingness to conduct independent, interdisciplinary research in the battery field
- Experience in electrochemistry, vacuum thin-film deposition techniques, ALD, and/or advanced characterization methods, is advantageous
- Diligent working attitude including precise record keeping
- Highly motivated, communicative and interested in exploratory research
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (written and oral) are mandatory, knowledge of German is considered advantageous
The work will be carried out at Empa - Dübendorf and should eventually lead to a PhD degree from ETH Zürich. Desired starting date is April-May 2022 or upon mutual agreement.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?