The Scientis or PostDoc is responsible for the assessment of the safety and sustainability of advanced materials (e.g. graphene) in the frame of the Horizon Europe project MACRAME. In alignment with the EU strategies to secure the safety and sustainability of enabling and emerging technologies, the MACRAME Project focusses on the development of methodologies that are applicable to “Advanced Materials” and that are aligned with future-oriented innovation, safety and sustainability considerations. The overall goal of the work performed at Empa is to implement an integrated assessment of five industry-relevant use cases using material flow analysis, risk assessment and life cycle analysis (LCA). This will be achieved in close collaboration with the project partners.
- Master Degree or PhD in environmental/natural sciences or engineering
- Experience with risk assessment, life cycle-based methods or sustainability assessment
- Experience in scientific writing and publishing
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral)
The position is limited to 3 years
For further information about the position please contact Prof. Dr. Bernd Nowack, Head of the Environmental Risk Assessment and Management (ERAM) Group of TSL, and visit our websites and
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, Esther Zürcher, Human Resources, Lerchenfeldstrasse 5, 9014 St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?