to work on an applied and interdisciplinary Horizon Europe research project focusing on exploring wooden materials in hybrid printed electronics towards functional electronics with net zero carbon emissions.
The position will mainly involve the following tasks:
- Assess the environmental performance of wooden materials in hybrid printed electronics (Life Cycle Assessments)
- Identify sustainable feedstock for bio-based materials
- Assess the recycling potential (circular economy) and optimal end-of-life options
- Elaborate on decision support and guidance for climate-neutral electronics
The successful candidate should preferably:
- Hold an MSc degree or PhD in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related discipline
- Have previous experience in carbon footprinting and/or life-cycle assessment and/or material flow assessment methods
- Have additional experience in net-zero carbon emissions, bio-based materials or circular economy is welcome
- Have very good oral and written communication skills in English
We offer a highly interdisciplinary research environment and flexible working conditions to perform relevant research for science and industry. Our young team consists of experienced scientists, postdocs as well as PhD and master's students. For more details please visit
The workplace is St. Gallen and the starting date is January 2023 or upon mutual agreement. The position is limited to 4 years.
For further information about the position, TSL and Empa, please contact Claudia Som and visit our websites and
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, Esther Zürcher, Human Resources, Lerchenfeldstrasse 5, 9014 St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?