The Center for X-ray Analytics develops X-ray methodologies for understanding materials structure in life- and materials science. Our core activities in the development X-ray diffraction and scattering methods relate with the evaluation of the structure – property relationships. In the frame of an industrial project interfacing research and industrial needs, we are looking for a postdoc holding a PhD in X-ray analytical methods, preferably related to investigating total scattering methods for only partially crystalline materials systems. The working place will be Dübendorf / Zurich.
- R&D in the domain of X-ray analytics, with a focus on X-ray diffraction and scattering, data analysis and modelling for partially crystalline material systems
- Planning of the project as well as following ongoing developments of methods and equipment
- presentation of scientific results through publications and on conferences
- active interactions with scientific collaborators and industrial partners
- PhD degree in chemistry, physics or materials science
- deep knowledge in X-ray diffraction and scattering methods
- striving for scientific excellence and being an independent researcher
- experienced in project management and writing scientific publications
- fluent in English, German would be a plus, and enjoying a multicultural environment
We offer this postdoc position at a research institution with excellent infrastructure and broad interdisciplinary surrounding. The position is available for the 1st of February 2023 or upon agreement and will be initially limited to one year with a performance based possibility for contract extension.
For further information about the position please contact Prof. Dr. Antonia Neels and visit our websites and
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, a list of publications, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, David Heusser, Human Resources, Ueberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dübendorf, Switzerland.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?