Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Principal investigator in the fields of nano-multilayers and nano-joining technologies and (nano-effects for joining applications, nano-materials design, multilayers deposition and characterisation, soldering/brazing and joint characterisation)
- Project work according to the project description (experimental and theoretical work, project reports)
- Research work in the topical field
- Presentation at scientific conferences and writing of scientific publications
- Collaboration within international and interdisciplinary project team
- Support in R&D projects related to the aforementioned fields
- Daily Supervision of young scientists
- PhD degree in Material Science, Physics, Nanoscience/Nanotechnology and good experimental skills
- Interest and ability to work in highly-interdisciplinary teams and with industrial partners
- Prior experience in nanomultilayers, magnetron sputtering deposition and analytical techniques beneficial
- Project management experience of advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) mandatory, preferably knowledge of German; good communication skills
- An interesting project position in the field of applied research with an opportunity for independent research
- Attractive employment conditions of the ETH Domain
- A highly interdisciplinary and dynamic research environment with state-of-the-art laboratory equipment
- An international network and contacts to academic and industrial partners
- Opportunity to develop and make your own contribution in nanojoining, a fast growing, new scientific discipline of high technological impact
The position (100%) is available after negotiation and will be initially limited to two years.
For further information about the position please contact Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jolanta Janczak-Rusch or Dr. Lars Jeurgens and visit our websites and
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, Cristina Marinoni, Human Resources, Ueberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dübendorf, Switzerland.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?