Environmental pollution by tyre wear and microplastics in general is an issue of growing concern. Tyre wear particles are found in various environmental compartments such as aquatic systems and soils. Their detection far from emission areas indicates that atmospheric transport and deposition are significant processes for the large-scale distribution of tyre wear.
In this project, the atmospheric deposition of tyre wear particles is investigated. The project is strongly linked to other studies that focus on wet and dry atmospheric deposition of microplastics (except tyre wear) across Switzerland. Therefore, you will closely collaborate with our partners at Eawag and Agroscope towards a comprehensive and quantitative understanding of microplastics deposition in the environment.
- PhD degree in environmental sciences related to analytical chemistry or physics
- Solid background and interest in lab and field work
- Prior experience in Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry is an asset
- Experience and interest in programming and data analysis
- Fluency in English is required, basic knowledge in German is desirable
The position is available early 2023 and remains open until filled.
For further information about the position please contact and visit our websites and
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Only complete applications will be considered. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, David Heusser, Human Resources, Ueberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dübendorf, Switzerland.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?