- Develop, implement and optimize processing workflows for the integration of nanoscale materials in complex architectures, in particular for quantum technology applications.
- Perform materials characterization of grown/deposited materials, and failure analysis of devices.
- Provide training and support related to layout & device design (GDS), fabrication and back end of line steps and maintain a record of internally developed processes.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise and explore new/emerging processing technologies; assist in the planning of new infrastructure.
- Actively collaborate with other Empa units, with industrial partners and with national and international research teams.
- Contribute to the communication of your results at conferences and in scientific journals.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or sciences; Master degree preferrable.
- At least 3 years experience in micro- and nano-fabrication process development & implementation with usage of clean-room based techniques in an academic or industrial environment.
- Self-motivated, meticulous, ability to innovate and a passion for clean-room fabrication and analytical work.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work with time constraints and meet deadlines, a high sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Working proficiency in German & English.
a challenging position with varied tasks at a research institution with excellent infrastructure and broad interdisciplinary surrounding. The position is initially limited for three years. A possible extension or adaption to an unlimited contract will be discussed during the third year. The work will be carried out at Empa in Dübendorf and at nanofabrication facilities: Binnig and Rohrer Nanotechnology Center (; ) and ETHZ Center for Micro- and Nanoscience ()
For further information about the position please contact Prof. Dr Michel Calame and visit our websites and
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and at least three reference letters. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, David Heusser, Human Resources, Ueberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dübendorf, Switzerland.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?