to develop a soft-material based approach for early detection and treatment of glaucoma.
How will you benefit?
- a highly interdisciplinary and supportive environment with strong research and innovation projects
guidance by experts on design and development of innovative biomedical approaches
opportunities to collaborate within Empa, as well as with external academic and clinical ophthalmologists
team-oriented working atmosphere in a modern scientific organization
The project includes experimental work on polymer chemistry, soft lithography and electronics. Experience in one of these areas, as well as a strong interest to develop a skill set in all directions is expected. Knowledge and practical experience in engineering systems for laser optics is a plus.
What are we looking for?
- an enthusiastic and curious personality
- a background in chemical engineering or electronic instrumentation engineering or biomedical engineering, preferentially with specialization in optics or physics,
- strong communication skills with an excellent command of the English language
The post-doc position (100%) is based at Empa, St. Gallen and is available from January 2023, or upon mutual agreement. It will be initially limited to one year with a possibility for extension.
For further information about the position please contact Dr. Yashoda Chandorkar or Dr. Markus Rottmar and visit our websites and
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two or three referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, Esther Zürcher, Human Resources, Lerchenfeldstrasse 5, 9014 St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?