The laboratory is looking for a highly motivated PhD candidate to carry out research in the field of plasma-laser spectroscopy within an SNF project. You will utilize a compact laser in the XUV to operate as a tabletop alternative to synchrotron and advance our expertise in spectroscopy. We offer a worldwide unique research topic with excellent infrastructure and broad interdisciplinary surrounding. The PhD-student will be registered at University of Zurich.
- Development of a XUV laser spectroscopy instrumentation.
- Collection of experimental data on the application in spectroscopy.
- Exploration of alternative schemes and implementation in the lab.
- Utilization of codes to perform calculations for experimental design and analysis.
- Communication of the results in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences.
- MSc in physics, chemistry or engineering
- Solid background in atomic physics, spectroscopy and optics
- Knowledge in chemical and analytical methods, e.g. mass spectrometry, Raman and X-ray ab-sorption
- Experience in experimental research and lab campaigns as well as writing publications is ad-vantageous
- Fluency in English is required; oral expression skills in German are a plus
The position is available immediately until filled.
For further information
about the position please contact Dr Davide Bleiner and visit our websites and We look forward
to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, David Heusser, Human Resources, Ueberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dübendorf, Switzerland.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?