who will be responsible for developing and applying a simulation game in the frame of the project "Evidence-based dialogue on trade-offs in wicked societal problems" (Engage) funded by the ETH-Domain.
The Engage project, led by the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology (EAWAG), aims to create a dialogue platform for a science-based discussion of complex trade-offs related to pressing societal problems amongst relevant stakeholders. Over the period of 2023 to 2025, a consortium of Swiss research institutes will develop different tools and structures to facilitate this dialogue. The open position will contribute by developing and applying a simulation game as a means of interactive stakeholder engagement in the areas of climate change, energy and biodiversity.
Your tasks include
- Designing and developing a simulation game in close cooperation with other partners of the Engage consortium and external stakeholders
- Organizing and co-moderating multiple simulation game workshops
- Coordinating and integrating views and requirements of stakeholders to the simulation game
- Writing scientific publications
- Master degree or PhD in game design, simulation, psychology or other social sciences
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: game development, inter- or trans-disciplinary research, stakeholder engagement
- Preferably first experiences with any of the following topics: climate, energy, biodiversity
- Experience in scientific writing and publishing
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral)
- Preferably fluency in German and/or French
The main workplace is St. Gallen with an additional workplace in the Engage co-working space at Eawag in Dübendorf. The starting date is March 2023 or upon mutual agreement. The position is limited to 2 years, with the option of further extension.
For further information about the position please contact the project manager Dr. Andreas Gerber or Dr. Patrick Wäger, Head of TSL . To learn more about TSL and Empa, please visit our website and have a look at our
We look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, Esther Zürcher, Human Resources, Lerchenfeldstrasse 5, 9014 St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?