The Empa invites applications for a scientist to develop biopolymer-based sustainable electronic materials. Together with our team of experienced scientists and industry partners, you will develop a new generation of green and sustainable fillers and binder materials enabling a new generation of ecological printed circuit boards (eco-PCBs). This project bridges our activities in the fields of biopolymers and composite material processing and will be carried out in a framework of a large EU financed project () with partners in e.g. Sweden, Austria and the Netherlands. Combining fundamental and applied science, the goal is to develop highly functional and commercially relevant material solutions. We envision that the generated knowledge will advance the use of sustainable materials in general and lead to developments that allow for the demonstration of the potential to integrate eco-PCBs in real applications thereby contributing to a future green and circular electronics.
- Evaluate and develop novel biopolymer cellulose-based composites for eco-PCBs.
- Development and optimization of material processing methods for eco-PCBs.
- Characterization and validation of developed formulations and materials in terms of physical properties, thermal, dielectric and electronic stability (based on circuit functionality) and reliability.
- Publication of the results in the form of patents or articles in scientific journals, presentation of the results at project meetings and at international conferences.
- MSc or PhD degree in material science, polymer chemistry, process engineering or related fields.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of nanocelluloses, bio-based thermosets and varnishes.
- Interest in sustainable materials development with a potential for industrial implementation.
- Extensive experience in experimental research, practical laboratory work with a lot of manual handling and a talent for experimental design are mandatory.
- Fluency in English and German (written and oral) is a pre-condition.
- Self-motivated, critical-thinking, open-minded and communicative, with a strong interest to work in an international and interdisciplinary research environment.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application including a letter of motivation, CV, certificates, diplomas and contact details of two reference persons. Please submit these exclusively via our job portal. Applications by e-mail and by post will not be considered.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?