- Implementation of a customized electrochemical flow cell for local charging and detection of hydrogen in steel, as operated within a glove-box environment and connected to in-situ facilities for thin film growth, in-situ oxidation/reduction and surface analysis using XPS/HAXPES and spectroscopic ellipsometry
- Controlled H-charging and in-situ growth of passive oxide films on steel surfaces with subsequent in-situ analysis by XPS/HAXPES and ellipsometry
- Selected analysis of passive oxide films and steel surfaces by high resolution Transmission Electron Mi-croscopy (TEM), X-ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Use of synchrotron characterization at a later stage of the project is also envisaged.
You have (or will soon complete) a Master's degree in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, or a related discipline. You are intrinsically motivated and curiosity driven with some hands-on expertise in electro-chemistry and/or spectroscopy. Knowledge of materials characterization, oxide thin films, XPS and/or ellipsometry is a plus. Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) is mandatory. German is an advantage. You like to interact with diverse people in a multidisciplinary research environment.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application including a letter of motivation, CV, certificates, diplomas and contact details of two reference persons. Please submit these exclusively via our job portal. Applications by e-mail and by post will not be considered.
- Chemie / Pharmazie
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?